Pages

5/02/2008

A Hearing Test

Gobbly and Bobbly Goop, twins, and I were talking in the Goop's kitchen when I pointed to a something that looked like this:














Gobbly explained that if you took the cup out, it was a accurate tester of your hearing.
"Put yer head in, an' then we'll lower the squeez-the ear cup onto your ear, and test yure hearin'." said Bobbly.
"Yeah! There be this here light that will turn grine iffin' yure hearin' is gud, yeller iffin' it's okie, and red iffin' it's bad." Added Gobbly.
I did not like the looks of the contraption, so it took a whole lot of persuading on Gobbly's and Bobbly's part. Finally I stuck my head in, and immediately Gobbly was squeezing my head with it. It was very painful, and I tried to pull my head out. It was no use, my head was firmly wedged. I was surprised that Gobbly's and Bobbly's hearing didn't go because of my screaming. When half of my ear wax was pushed out, he let up. It turns out that it was a hand juicer.

A couple days later at school, I heard tell that Mr. Goop found three huge chunks of pulp in his orange juice.

No comments: